Monday, May 21, 2007

Traveling with Kids


I will be going to Thailand for holiday with my family in coming months later. Sure bring my son go as well. If not I will very miss him! This is the 1st time to bring him for travel overseas. Feeling… quite excited but a bit worry too! Why??? Have to plan well and take cares him during traveling. Not easy man!!!!

I also have to check many areas for me to organize my traveling… feel much more different than last time. Because last time I only go with husband, just pack our clothes and travel that’s all! Now, much much more different lor!! With a single kid also not that easy and some more bring him for travel! How brave am I? Haha!!

Now, I feel more confident since my little boy can walk already, and he can walk very fast one leh! Can say more easy job already for taking care him because he can walk by himself and I no need to carry him all the time. I just worry on the foods and drink part. Must prepare some bb foods and drink to go as well for standby if not will suffer also!

Passport for kid
Plan to make a passport for my son and also want to renew our passport. Aiyo, waste money again!!
Do u all know about that... Nowadays in Malaysia, children have to get on their own passport means no more sharing with mummy. The followings are some information on passport as a guideline for u all:-

These are the documents that you require to bring:

Adults

  1. Two passport sized photos

  2. 1 photocopy of I/C

  3. Original I/C

  4. Old Passport

Child (under 12)
  1. Two passport sized photos (Immigration Department also provides photography service at RM7 for 2 copies.

  2. 1 photocopy of Birth Certificate

  3. Original Birth Certificate

  4. Photocopy I/C of parent (Either father or mother)

  5. Be sure to know the height of ur child cos u need to fill in his/her height

  6. Child has to be accompanied by either parent

Passport fees for adult are RM300.00 for 32 pages and RM600.00 for 64 pages, for kids are half price of adult which are RM150.00 for 32 pages and RM300.00 for 64 pages. The passport will be ready in 2 days after the application. My friend told me that we must bring along our own child when collect the passport.


Dress code for kid and adult
Need to wear in dark colour clothes even babies and must be with sleeves. They are very strict nowadays.

Don’t forget we have to get a form for RM1.00 each at Kaunter Pertanyaan/Borang for our submission. Or try to download a free form . Beside that you also can check it out here to get more information.

A New Ruling Pop Up ~~~ Restrictions on Liquid carried on Hand Luggage.
Passengers cannot carrying liquids, gels and aerosols in containers no larger than 100 milliliters and all must put in a plastic bag which provided by airline counter. For Baby formula and medicines may be taken on board must be provided with documents from doctor.
This is my first time to carry my son on board, and then suddenly pop up this new ruling! It’s quite difficult for me to follow also. A bit worries too! Less enjoy!!! Hope everything will be fine!
Today all newspaper also talk about this topic, please check it out here for more information.

Hepatitis A
I will bring my son for injection of Hepatitis A before traveling which had consulted by doctor. Doctor has advised me that better jab in advance since we bring him for overseas, because we are not sure whether all the outside foods or drinks are clean so better jab before travel.

Have u all mummies ever bring your own kids for travel? Just feel free to put some advises or comments then I can share on your experience also! Hope all this information is helped to all guys!

No comments:

My Baby ~~ Hayward Yeoh

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker